Cappella Baldasserini

It is a small building with saddle roof, preceded by a neo-Gothic portal, which preserves the appearance acquired after the 1857 restoration, wanted by the ancient owners of the farm complex, the Baldasserini, who built the farm in the first half of the XIX century. The pre-existent church, remembered until 1706, seems to have been dedicated to the Madonna del Carmine. The present chapel contains the family tombs and it is opened only for one day each year, on occasion of the festivity of the Ascension.

Related book: Volterra e la Val di Cecina


back